Thursday, February 14, 2008

Let the Games Begin!!!

Pitchers and catchers are all there! The baseball season has officially begun!

Amidst a change in job and a move across country I haven't been able to post anytthing in some time, so I'm gonna throw a couple strikes out there real quick and then get back to work.

Pierre: Ball. We still haven't traded this guy?!?!?!? I don't care if we have to eat his ENTIRE contract! Ethier needs to be out there and Pierre just isn't that great an option off the bench. $8.8 million pinch-runner? Doesn't make any sense to me. I think Torre's got a good head on his shoulders and he'll see that. I think he'll see Ethier as a Hideki Matsui-type left field option, but he'll bat him 2nd. I've been praying for that...

Seanez: Strike. Workhorse, 3.75 ERA, 70 appearance, 75 inning kind of guy in LA. Great to have him back. Good sixth/seventh inning options are really hard to come by these days and we have two now between Rudy and Proctor.

Martinez: Ball. Don't really know what this re-signing was all about. Abreu is going to end up a utility infielder, and he hits a little better and from both sides. Abreu doesn't seem to have much redeeming value to me full-time at any one position, so utility is probably the best place for him.

More to come....

No comments: