Monday, March 31, 2008

Opening Day is HERE!!! There should be cookies, cake, punch, and presents. There should be parties and songs and confetti and noisemaking toys and whatnot. We should all be dressed up in cute little sweaters that show everybody our holiday spirit. It should be a nationally celebrated day off from work!

Alas, there is no cake and punch, just beer and hot dogs for me. Presents? Well, my team could win. No parties, but I will hear the National Anthem before the game and stand to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" with Vin Scully in the 7th. No snowflake-ridden sweaters, just a blue and white button up shirt with a couple names and numbers on it. I won't be taking the day off from work, but I will watch the entire game in high definition thanks to the miracles of modern science and this wonderful thing called a DVR when I get home (and I get to fast forward the commercials).

No, it's not a nationally recognized holiday, but it should be. Now, I just need to figure out how I'm going to get out of this whole "work" thing...
God Bless us, every one! (Especially the ones who root for the Dodgers)

No comments: